We’re on the look out for new Trustees to lead our dynamic charity at an exciting time in its development.
Engaging, strategic, interested in the outdoors?
If you recognise yourself in this description then our new Trustee roles might be for you. Please take a look at the information below, apply online via Reach Volunteering or give David a call for an informal chat 01423 507227.
What will you be doing?
- As a Board member you will have responsibility for working with other trustees in formulating strategies and policies to guide and support the work of the Chief Officer and the staff team.
- The Board is accountable for ensuring the charity achieves its charitable objects and operates in a compliant and transparent manner for the benefit of the community and people it serves.
- You will pay a full part in trustee decisions relating to the over-arching functions of the charity, including Strategy, Governance, Finance, HR, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and other issues as decided by the board.
- You will be required to attend Board meetings and be a member of relevant sub-committees or working groups when appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- We seek a number of new trustees to join our Board. Prior Board experience is not essential. We do need people who have an interest in the outdoors and want to help make a difference for the disabled people in their local communities..
- Following a recent Strategy process, Open Country is embarking on an ambitious development programme over the next four years. To help us achieve our Key Goals, we are keen to strengthen our Board in several skills areas. As such, you would be making a very welcome contribution to an identified area of Need.
- With operational bases in both Harrogate and Wakefield, we would particularly welcome applicants from these communities.
- The priority skills areas we are looking to strengthen are those of Diversity Awareness, Living or Working with Disabilities, Understanding Community Working, Safeguarding, Fundraising, Legal, Communications, Health & Safety, Strategy, HR and Finance.
- Commitment to promoting the profile of the Charity.
- Integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties.
- Ability to take decisions for the overall good of the organisation.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Good communication skills.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Willingness to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
What difference will you make?
Following a recent Strategy process, Open Country is embarking on an ambitious development programme over the next four years. To help us achieve our Key Goals, we are keen to strengthen our Board in several skills areas. As such, you would be making a very welcome contribution to an identified area of Need. Within the next four years, we plan to be represented in our third geographical hub and have expanded into several satellite locations as well. We will also have greatly extended our national reach and voice. You are coming in at an exciting time!