We’re sure some of you have spent your time in lockdown decluttering the house and sorting out those books and DVDs you’ve been meaning to get rid of. With high street charity shops closed, we have created a ‘virtual charity shop’ and we would love you to sell your goods for us!
Virgin Money Giving has partnered with trade-in site Ziffit, so now you can donate books, games and DVDs from the safety and comfort of your home and donate the money to Open Country. It’s simple and safe to do and would make a real difference to our small charity.
Simply use this link to download the app to your phone or tablet (App Store for Apple products or PlayStore for Android):
Then donate your stuff in four easy steps!
Scan or enter the barcode number or ISBN of your product and get an instant value
Complete the online trade and pack up your unwanted goodies
Use Ziffit’s free courier or drop-off service to send your items
The value of your items will be donated to your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page
**Please note, you can also do it on a laptop but instead of scanning the barcode you simply type in the barcode number.
Why you should get involved…
· A great way to recycle and raise money
· There is no cost to the charity or donors
· It is estimated that there are 3bn books in people’s households across the UK!
· You can add Gift Aid to your donation of items
· Free collect service for over 5kg of items – which is easy to get to with books. Alternatively people can use Collect+ drop off
· Charity will receive the money in 7 days – essentially creating a virtual charity shop!
· World of Books re-sells the items on their online market platforms
· Simple system – download app, get quote, print label, package up items, leave at end of driveway on agreed day
· For those who don’t have a printer, DPD can bring one when collecting the items or you can contact Ziffit customer services
For more information and instructions visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/worldofbooks/fundraisers/